Tag Archive 上海夜网论坛XT

Bayern lose 1-0 to Atletico

admin no comments

first_imgMADRID (AP): An early goal by youngster Saul Niguez gave AtlÈtico Madrid a gritty 1-0 victory over Bayern Munich in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final yesterday. The 21-year-old Niguez cleared three defenders before entering the area and hitting a low, well-placed shot into the far corner in the 11th minute. Diego Simeone’s tough defence then took over and AtlÈtico held on for an important victory at the Vicente CalderÛn Stadium. A draw next week in Germany will be enough for Simeone’s side to reach the final for the second time in the last three seasons. “It’s still wide open,” Simeone said. “The return game should be just as exciting for everyone watching it. It will be a difficult challenge against a very strong team.” Pep Guardiola’s Bayern, trying to reach the final for the first time since winning the title in 2013, came close to equalising with a long-range shot by David Alaba in the 54th, but the ball struck the crossbar, with AtlÈtico goalkeeper Jan Oblak already beaten. Striker Fernando Torres could have increased AtlÈtico’s advantage in the 75th, but he also struck the woodwork after a breakaway. “It was a fantastic night, and I’m happy for all AtlÈtico supporters,” Torres said. “We’ve got what we wanted, which was to get the scoreline in our favour ahead of the second leg.” Real Madrid and Manchester City drew 0-0 in their first-leg match in England on Tuesday.last_img read more

Liberia Hosts Guinea at ATS Sunday

admin no comments

first_imgLocal Lone Star is expected to host the Guinea national football team, Syli Nationale, on Sunday, July 5, at the under-renovation Antoinette Tubman Stadium in Monrovia at 4:00pm.Sunday’s game is the second leg between the two neighboring countries.Last month, Guinea defeated Liberia, 3-1, in the first leg in Bamako, Mali – the home ground of Guinea because of Ebola.Coach James Debbah’s Lone Star needs to overturn the score with 2-0 to qualify.In an interview with Lone Star Deputy Coach Kelvin Sebwe over the weekend, he expressed his faith over his side’s success over Guinea, but failed to state the actual goals.“We are going to beat Guinea to qualify– so we just ask every Liberian to come out in their numbers to support the boys,” he said. “Mistakes from last month’s game were corrected and we are going to qualify.”Coach Debbah said last Saturday after participating in the Olympic Day Run that his team would emerge winner on Sunday.“The run is part of our training ahead of the Sunday match against Guinea and we are positive that we are going to qualify,” Coach Debbah said.This weekend ends the preliminary round of qualification for the 2016 African Nations Championship (CHAN) with 12 second-leg fixtures set to be played across the continent.In Zone West A game, Senegal faces Gambia away with a first leg 3-1 win at home while Mali will be looking to break their 1-1 tie with Guinea-Bissau when they play host this weekend.The highlight of the Central-East Zone will probably be Kenya looking to overturn a 2-0 deficit when they host traditional rivals Ethiopia, while Burundi and Uganda will be confident of advancing as they host Djibouti and Tanzania with first leg leads of 2-1 and 3-0 respectively.The busiest section is the Southern Zone, where Zimbabwe, Mozambique and South Africa all look highly likely to advance as they head to respective away matches against Comoros, Seychelles and Mauritius with strong first leg leads that are unlikely to be overturned.However, the ties featuring Botswana-Lesotho, Angola-Swaziland and Zambia-Namibia are all delicately poised. The first had 0-0 and 2-2 draws in their respective first leg matches, while Chipolopolo will be looking to come back from 2-1 down at home against the reigning Cosafa Cup champions.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

One man dead following fatal industrial accident in Dawson Creek

admin no comments

first_imgThe incident occurred near the Brayden Road as the load was being moved by crane onto the tractor trailer when it shifted off of the trailer and struck a 20 year old male employee. Provincial ambulance and STARS were called to the scene but the gentleman succumbed to the injuries he sustained at the work site.The British Columbia Corners service and Work Safe B.C. are investigating the incident, and the name of the victim will not be released to the media.- Advertisement –last_img

DUNGLOE MAN WINS VAN CRASH CASE AGAINST ESB

admin no comments

first_imgA High Court judge has ruled a Donegal farmer has established negligence against the Electricity Supply Board over serious leg and other injuries suffered after his van was hit by an ESB pick-up truck. Damages will be decided later.Mr Justice John Quirke accepted the account of Patrick Campbell (64), with an address near Dungloe of how the accident occurred in June 2005, including his claim the ESB truck was driven at an excessive speed.Mr Campbell was a careful and conscientious witness and much, although not all, of his evidence was corroborated by circumstantial and other evidence, the judge said. Mr Campbell had proven, on the evidence and balance of probabilities, the collision and his injuries were caused by the ESB’s negligence, he found. The ESB had denied Mr Campbell’s claims the pick-up truck was being driven in a negligent manner by an ESB employee when it collided with Mr Campbell’s white transit van at Croaghnashallog, Dungloe on the afternoon of June 30th 2005. The ESB alleged the accident was caused or contributed to by Mr Campbell’s alleged negligent driving.Mr Campbell had claimed he was approaching a turn known as Sweeney’s Corner near his home when he saw a yellow ESB truck approaching him in the opposite direction at speed.He said he pulled into the grass verge on his left-hand side and stopped his van but the ESB truck came onto its incorrect side of the road and appeared to “sway”.A protrusion at the rear of the truck struck his windscreen, caught him on the shoulder and caused his van to be pulled around while the ESB truck flipped over, he claimed.The driver of the ESB truck denied that account and claimed he was approaching Sweeney’s Corner when he saw Mr Campbell’s van travelling towards him. He claimed the van seemed to lose control, travelled onto the wrong side of the road and the driver “jammed on the brakes”, struck his truck and propelled it to its left.Having analysed the evidence, Mr Justice Quirke noted both sides accepted Mr Campbell was not driving at a speed of more than 25mph when the accident occurred.Tyre marks photographed immediately after the accident were consistent with the presence of Mr Campbell’s van at the location where he said he had stopped while debris from his van was also clearly visible at that location, he said. He also accepted Mr Campbell’s evidence the ESB truck was being driven at excessive speed.These matters were not conclusive but he believed Mr Campbell’s account was probably correct, the judge ruled.DUNGLOE MAN WINS VAN CRASH CASE AGAINST ESB was last modified: July 8th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more